Do you think you need commercial roof repair for your Dallas, TX business? It’s important that when you are having problems with your commercial roofing system, you call a roofer that you can trust. At Mullins General Construction, we want to be the commercial roofing company that you go to for high-quality, affordable repairs for your roof. Whether you have a flat roof or a metal roofing system, we are able to repair it! Before we begin the commercial roof repair process, we will set up an appointment for a roof estimate. We want to be able to inspect the roof before we begin a job to determine what type of repairs are needed. We will never start any roof repairs until you know exactly what we are going to do and what the cost of the service will be. When you want honest, upfront and effective service call us at (972) 535-8065 today.
Common Commercial Roof Problems
While commercial roofs are manufactured to withstand a lot, there will be times when they will need repairs. A lot of times, roof repairs are needed because of lack of maintenance or improper repair service. When you call Mullins General Construction, you can rely on our quick and efficient commercial roof repair in Dallas, TX. Below are some of the most common commercial roof problems that require repair service.
- Roof Leaks: Roof leaks are definitely the number one reason commercial property owners get commercial roofing repairs. Leaks can occur for many reasons, with the most common being punctures in the roof, standing water, or faulty flashing. When the material of the roof is affected, it can cause roof leaks.
- Inadequate Roof Installation: When it comes to commercial roof installation, it is so important to hire a licensed and insured roofing contractor. One of the reasons commercial roofs need repairs is that the initial roof installation wasn’t done correctly.
- Roof Blow-Offs: This is another symptom of inadequate commercial roof installation. If there is ever a storm that involves strong winds, it can lift the roof up if the roof was not properly installed. It can cause damages to the membrane of the roof, which in turn will need repair service.
- Standing Water: If the roof is designed poorly, was improperly installed, or there are clogs in the drainage, it can cause standing water on the roof. Not only can standing water cause roof leaks, but it can also add a ton of weight onto the roof, which in turn causes damage to the structural integrity of the building.
Types of Commercial Roofs We Can Repair
There are several types of commercial roof materials that we are able to repair. The most common commercial roofing type tends to be flat roofs, and our roofing contractors have years of experience working on various commercial flat roof materials. We can repair anything from built up roofing, modified bitumen, and single ply roofing like EPDM, TPO, and PVC. Our roofers can also repair low-sloped roofing systems, which are most commonly metal roofs. Whether you have a corrugated metal roof or a standing seam roof on your commercial building, we can make the repairs that are needed to get it back in working condition. To schedule a consultation for commercial roof repair in Dallas, TX, call us at (972) 535-8065.
Commercial Roof Replacement Service
Our commercial roofers work incredibly hard to ensure your roofing system is in the best condition. Unfortunately, there will be times when we are unable to provide commercial roof repair. Commercial roof repair is needed when the roof damage isn’t quite severe, but if we inspect your roof and see that over 25% of your roof is damaged, we will recommend commercial roof replacement service. A lot of people don’t want to replace their roof, but getting a roof replacement for your commercial property isn’t a bad thing. Sure the upfront cost can be a lot, but a loss of productivity, as well as structural damage to your property, don’t seem like it would be worth avoiding commercial roof replacement service. If you need to know more about this type of service, please call us at (972) 535-8065 to speak with one of our roofers.
When To Replace Your Commercial Roof
What we will usually look for is how much damage is on the roof. When there is 25% damage to your commercial roofing system, we will always suggest a roof replacement. These are the times when we will let our customers know that a roof replacement is the best course of action.
- Your commercial roof is over 20 years old.
- There is a ton of water that isn’t draining properly.
- There are many roof leaks on the roof.
- The roof flashing is severely damaged.
- A substantial amount of roof material is gone.
- Your roof membrane is curling up or splitting.
- You can see outside the building by looking up through your roof.
The Benefits of a Roof Replacement Vs. Repairs
Our roofers will always want to provide repairs vs. replacements due to the cost for the customer, but there will be occasions when roof replacement is the most obvious and needed choice. Here are times when a roof replacement will outweigh the need for commercial roof repair in Dallas, TX.
- The Cost: While repairs will always be cheaper, they can add up if you are continuing to get the same roof repairs over and over again. By investing in a new roofing system, you are paying more upfront but you won’t continue to pay for repairs anymore.
- The Lifespan: Roof repairs are just delaying the inevitable, especially if you are getting repairs for a roofing system that is over 20 years old. A roof replacement is starting over for your roof, so you will have a roof that is not only in good shape, but is lasting another 20 years.
- More Energy Efficiency: If your roof is older or isn’t looking too good, this is the perfect time to get a replacement. There have been a lot of advancements in roofing technology, so there are more and more commercial roofs that are more energy-efficient. Sure you will spend more upfront, but you will also save money on energy costs.
- Better Safety: A roof that is damaged beyond repair isn’t going to provide the best protection against storms, other inclement weather, and the outside elements. A new roof can provide much better protection and safety for not only your building but also your employees.
Whether you need commercial roof repair or commercial roof replacement in Dallas, TX, Mullins General Construction is the commercial roofing company to call. We will go over your options and ensure you are getting the best roof for your budget. Give us a call at (972) 535-8065 to set up an appointment today.