How Can I Save Money On My Bathroom Remodel?
When it comes to a bathroom remodel, its important to know that they can be pretty expensive. This is because remodeling involves altering the structure of a room or property, as well as installing new fixtures, lights, and more. A lot of people who are interested in a bathroom remodel can become overwhelmed when they find out how much bathroom remodeling is going to cost. So, how much will it cost to remodel my bathroom? There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration like the size of the bathroom, how much the materials will cost, and how much your contractor is charging. On average, it can cost anywhere from $9,000 to $11,000. This is a lot of money to spend on one room in your home, but the good news is there are ways to do a bathroom remodel for cheap. Here are a few ideas on where to save on bathroom remodel.
- Don’t Move Your Plumbing: If you are planning on moving your plumbing around or adding new pipes, you need to know that it’s going to cost a lot of money. To save money, you can keep your plumbing fixtures, appliances, and pipes where they are.
- Keep Your Bathtub and Shower: Installing a new shower or bathtub might sound appealing, but this is something that will really cut into your budget. Consider refinishing both the bathtub and shower–they will cost a lot less than new installations.
- Don’t Use Too Much Tile: Using a lot of tile in a bathroom is a very popular trend right now, but it is also very expensive. Instead of using tile all over the bathroom, you can paint certain areas and even use wood panels in place of tile.
- Invest in New Fixtures: A great way to boost the look of your bathroom without having to spend a lot of money is changing out the fixtures. You can install new hardware for the cabinets, add new towel racks, change the lighting, and even use shelving.
- Save On Plumbing Materials: Don’t settle for the very first countertop that you find. In order to get good deals on the materials you need, it’s a good idea to shop around and compare the prices of different stores.
Is Bathroom Remodel Worth it?
When it comes to considering bathroom remodeling, a lot of people wonder, “How much does a bathroom remodel add to home value?” While the cost of a bathroom remodels can be significant, it has the ability to increase the value of your home by a lot. It’s important to know that sometimes bathroom remodeling might not increase your home’s value. This is because no one in your neighborhood is doing it, it will cost more than the value of your house, or you have tailored your remodeling to your tastes.
However, if you are in a neighborhood where it could pay to remodel your bathroom, then it is definitely. Also, if you plan on staying in your home for a long time and you want to change the look of your bathroom, that is another time that a bathroom remodel is a good idea. To learn if bathroom remodeling is the best solution for your bathroom, it’s a good idea to talk to a remodeling contractor or even a real estate agent. They can walk you through the process and help you figure out if this is the best option for you and your home. Bathroom remodel and repair can elevate the look of your home, but it is worth talking to a professional about it.
What Do I Need to Know About Bathroom Remodeling?
What Are the Steps to Remodeling a Bathroom?
Before you begin bathroom remodeling, there are a couple of things that you need to understand. You need to know if investing in a bathroom remodel will be good for your ROI, that you know about building permits, that things will come up and you might be spending more money than you thought, and you need to hire a contractor that has the experience and knowledge needed to remodel any type of bathroom. There are several steps when it comes to a bathroom remodel.
First you will want to come up with a design concept for your bathroom remodeling project. Once the design is in place and your contractor is on board, demolition can take place. This will involve removing drywall, plumbing fixtures, vanities, and more. If you are adding a new shower or bathtub, that will be the next step. Then you can install the new fixtures. After that you can install flooring, add the drywall, and either paint or wallpaper the walls. Lastly, the vanity, as well as the plumbing will be installed. If you are wanting a bathroom remodel, call Mullins General Construction for general contracting in Dallas, TX. Hiring a professional contractor can help you avoid issues that can lead to slab leak repair and more. Don’t wait–call us at (972) 535-8065 to learn more!