Dealing With a Problem During a Storm
There is no worse feeling than looking up to your ceiling and seeing a brown ring. Even worse is when you check your attic or roof to find an apparent leak. You may have no idea how long it has been there, but if a storm is approaching fast, you may have a serious situation on your hands. In those cases, you will need assistance with an emergency roof repair in Dallas, TX. For that, you can turn to the experts at Mullins General Construction. Call us at (972) 535-8065 to set up an appointment today.
What is an Emergency Roof Repair?
What exactly constitutes an emergency roof repair service? There are a number of things that may feel like emergency situations, but they could easily be addressed after a storm has passed. Then there are situations that need immediate the attention of a professional.
- Objects: When there are objects such as tree branches, TV dishes, or other airborne items literally in your roof, that’s an emergency. These items can cause holes or structural damage that can result in sections of the roof to cave in.
- Missing Shingles or Flashing: High winds can easily rip shingles from your roof. If the flashing is older, it can rust and corrode, resulting in a roof that is heavily exposed to the elements. During excessive rainstorms, you may notice water entering your home at alarming rates due to the lack of protection.
- Tarp is Needed: If there is a section of your roof that has been so severely damaged it needs a tarp to prevent further damage. When this is required, you need to contact a roofer for immediate service. You may be able to get away with one of the patch kits that can be picked up at home repair stores, but professional services need to follow them.
- Fire Damage: One thing that can seriously compromise your roof is fire damage. If there has been extensive fire damage to your home or roof, the rest of your property may be compromised. Getting that taken care of as quickly as possible will prevent the need for expensive water damage repairs and more.
As mentioned previously, you can purchase emergency roof repair products such as patch kits or sealants to quickly fix a problem. The main thing to remember about those products, though, is that they are temporary. While they will initially provide a solution to a problem, they are not the only thing that should be done. If you need help with something like this, look no further than Mullins General Construction. We can help you with a variety of needs and services, including emergency repair situations. Call us to learn more.
Emergency Roof Repair or Replacement
Do you need to replace your roof if there is an emergency? That is dependant on a variety of things such as how bad the damage is, what needs to be replaced and what can be repaired, and more. You can look up a number of how to do emergency roof repairs online, but they will only get you so far. Additionally, if you are inexperienced with roof repairs, you may cause more problems resulting in the need for replacement. To determine what is needed for your roof, it’s best to contact a credible roofing company. For that, rely on Mullins General Construction. We can inspect your roof and provide emergency roofing services as needed. Call us at (972) 535-8065 for more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I temporarily fix my roof?
- A fast way to patch your roof is to install a tarp over the affected area. This will keep it safe from further damage before or after a storm. However, if you need something more heavy-duty, there are patch kits that can be used, but you need to follow up with professional services as soon as possible.
- Can I fix roof leak from inside?
- Yes, similar to covering any damage on the exterior, you can install a tarp over the damaged area inside. This will prevent further damage while you wait for a professional roofer to take a look.
- Are roof leaks covered by insurance?
- The leak itself will likely not be covered by insurance. However, any damage to your roof, home, or property that is the direct result of that leak will be covered by insurance. You can check with your insurance agent to understand exactly what is covered and what isn’t.
- Is a leaking roof an emergency?
- While it may not seem like, roof leaks of any size or degree can quickly become emergencies. If they have been going on long enough, they can cause serious damage to the structural integrity of your roof. When that happens, you’re at a greater chance of an emergency.
- What to do if roof is leaking during a storm?
- If you discover that your roof is leaking while it’s currently storming outside do not get on the roof to fix the problem. Instead, apply a tarp over the affected area or use a patch kit inside the house. Once the storm has passed, contact a reliable roofer to assess the damage and begin repairing your roof.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Team Now
When you need reliable emergency roof repair for a Dallas, TX property, look no further than Mullins General Construction. We are the roofing experts you can trust in times like these. Call us at (972) 535-8065 to get started today.